Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I select a folder in a stack, I want it to automatically open the folder in finder. How?

Hello,

In 10.5, when you selected a folder in a stack, it would automatically open that folder in a new finder window. Now, with 10.7, when you select a folder in a stack, it opens the folder still within the stack. This creates an additional step. I then need to select "open in finder." How can I make the stack behave like I am used to?

Thank you,

Allison

Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Aug 16, 2011 8:25 AM

13 replies

Aug 16, 2011 12:10 PM in response to dnadork

Interesting. I have folders in the dock (these viewed as a stack) and their sub-folders open in a new finder window, which is what you want, right? I also have folders in the dock (these viewed as a folder) and they exhibit the behavior you mention.

So. Do you really mean "stack"? Maybe not. Try control clicking on your folder in the dock and changing the view to "stack" . See if that doesn't work for you.

charlie

When I select a folder in a stack, I want it to automatically open the folder in finder. How?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.