Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Canon MX700 Printer problem since upgrade to Lion.

Hi

Since upgrading to Lion every time I try to print something on my Canon MX700 networked printer I get a communication error. I found that what I have to do to get it to work is to print the document a second time and then delete the first document in the printer queue. This pauses the printer and when it is resumed the second document prints successfully.

Anyone else have this problem or can anyone shed any light on what might be wrong?

Scanning seems to work OK.

Many Thanks

Posted on Aug 16, 2011 11:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2011 4:36 PM

I have the same problem since I upgraded to Lion. When it happens I click on my Printer icon on the dock and click on "Pause Printer", wait a few seconds and then click on "Resume Printer" and it usually prints then.

3 replies

Jun 26, 2012 9:49 AM in response to El Morche

you need to upgraded canon MX700 that's support Lion.

you can download updated driver from http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_mx_s eries/pixma_mx700#DriversAndSoftware

But remember, you should trash the BJPrinters folder, located in HD > Library > Printers > Canon. This action to uninstall driver canon MX700 that's installed on your mac

Canon MX700 Printer problem since upgrade to Lion.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.