Skip navigation

10.7.1 Update

396 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 16, 2011 2:29 PM by Tony Barone RSS
Khashoggi Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Aug 16, 2011 1:26 PM

Does this fix the VNC login instability for anyone ?

Any other comments after doing the update?

• Colin Robinson Level 6 Level 6 (8,290 points)
    Aug 16, 2011 2:15 PM (in response to Khashoggi)

The 10.7.1 update is recommended for all users running OS X Lion and includes general operating system fixes that enhance the stability and compatibility of your Mac, including fixes that:

• Address an issue that may cause the system to become unresponsive when playing a video in Safari
    • Resolve an issue that may cause system audio to stop working when using HDMI or optical audio out
    • Improve the reliability of Wi-Fi connections
    • Resolve an issue that prevents transfer of your data, settings, and compatible applications to a new Mac running OS X Lion

For detailed information on this update, please visit this website:http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4764.

Well I'll give it a go and see what happens - I mean I jumped ionto Lion without looking didn't i?

• Scott Newman Level 2 Level 2 (190 points)
    Aug 16, 2011 2:27 PM (in response to Khashoggi)

I guess I'll be looking forward to 10.7.2. 

The two things that are driving me crazy are not being able to turn off Autosave in Apple's apps like Pages and Numbers (Versions is fine, but let me decide when and how often something is saved or not saved) and being able to PERMANENTLY turn off that checkbox, no, IDIOTBOX, when shutting down or restarting that says "Reopen windows when logging back in." 

Most of the other Lion annoyances (nanny features) I've been able to remove either via Terminal or the Lion Tweaks app.

• Tony Barone Calculating status...
    Aug 16, 2011 2:29 PM (in response to Khashoggi)

Nope, it didn't fix the VPN issue.

Certainly the last time I ever update to a new version os OSX without waiting at least a few months!

What a shame, ever since Apple became more "mainstream" the quality of their software has started to greatly decline.  Never had so many problems with an Apple OS update before, and don't even get me started on Final Cut X "anything but Pro".... complete garbage.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.