Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

flanging problem in Logic Pro 9

I'm trying to record drums with my Yamaha KX88 as a midi conroller in Logic but no matter which drum software I use (including Logic), I get a real bad flanging sound. Is there an adjustment I need to make somewhere that I don't know about? Thanks!

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7), 12 Gigs RAM

Posted on Aug 16, 2011 1:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2011 2:00 PM

Sounds like the MIDI note is being doubled...

What MIDI interface are you using.

Any chance the KX is setup to send more than one note on at a time or you have a "MIDI Thru" function active?

pancenter-

10 replies

Aug 16, 2011 2:57 PM in response to makinmuzic2@aol.com

On the track with the software instrument... do not have ALL selected under MIDI channel. Select channel 1.

The two other possibilities... A MIDI note somehow doubled in Logic.

And/or a monitoring situation with your hardware, what are you using to playback audio?

If it's the Mac's internal system (ugh...) check the settings under Utilities/MIDI-Audio Setup.

Listening to two sources of the same audio signal one slightly off from the other produces the same effect.

pancenter-

Aug 17, 2011 7:10 PM in response to benco12

After going thru Logic, I believe the problem is like you said, a note being doubled somehow. I've set the Logic software tracks to MIDI 1 and that has help with my SSD drums but my Battery drums are the worse. I can track them fine but playback is awful flanging. So, it must be how the MIDI is set up somewhere.

As far as the KX88, I see where the Local Off is at on the preset table but how do you get there to turn it off? I didn't get the manual with the KX88 so getting around with it's presets have been a difficult task for me. Thanks!

Aug 18, 2011 3:11 PM in response to makinmuzic2@aol.com

Ahhh, the manual! After reading three pages into it, I found the problem. The KX88 was set in Dual mode sending two signals at the same time and without the manual, I didn't know how to get around on it. It was probably set in this mode by the previous owner so I did a factory reset and set it in single mode. Everything is working great! Thanks to all of you! Once again, you saved my b***!!

flanging problem in Logic Pro 9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.