Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac OS X 10.7.1

Software Update OS X 10.7.1 has been released

MacBook Pro, OS X(10.7.1) 2.4GHz i5 320 HD 8RAM

Posted on Aug 16, 2011 5:29 PM

11 replies

Aug 16, 2011 7:14 PM in response to Stephen Chavez

You are applying an ad hoc logical fallacy... ie, because B follows A, A caused B.

Installing a major new system upgrade writes thousands of files to your system, which can destabilize a marginal system. This is due to no fault specific to the upgrade, but rather due to the nature of any process that makes such significant changes. It also can break older or improperly-written third-party software, and thus your problems may be more properly blamed on some other software rather than on the upgrade. Those are only two examples.

In addition, according to folks I know who manage large installations of machines, Lion isn't causing widespread problems for them. Just because something happens to you and a handful of people in a troubleshooting forum, you cannot assume that it is happening for the millions who are using Lion at this point. It seems to be pretty good for a .0 release, to be honest.

Aug 17, 2011 3:05 AM in response to thomas_r.

I can tell you it doesn't fix the most serious of my issues with Lion, which is the lack of brightness control in target display mode !

I should learn from my mistakes, Snow Leopard had my entire system locking up when that was first released.

It was worth upgrading to Lion for the virtual screen sharing and full screen apps, but Windoze users have had these for decades, let's be honest about this.

The new way spaces works is pretty good although I find it a bit too easy to accidentally swipe the magic mouse and end up on another space .

Mac OS X 10.7.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.