Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to scroll in ipad using bluetooth keyboard

I jsut got a bluetooth apple keyboard but how can I program buttons on the keyboard to open apps, or to scroll from field to field when you are in an internet browser. I do not have an apple computer to program the keys besides my ipad.

iPad

Posted on Aug 16, 2011 6:36 PM

4 replies

Aug 18, 2011 10:09 AM in response to legofff

Given there is no cursor, you need to touch the screen to move around. Arrow keys etc will move you areound within a text box, but to move from field to field, and scoll requires your finger. (i hope they evolve to a better solution at some point). Having to return tonthe screen for basic navigation takes some ofmthe fun out of a bluetooth keyboard, but that's the way it is

Oct 3, 2012 7:50 PM in response to legofff

I just read a nice article on the web that explains how you can use accessibility in your favor for what you want to acheive. Simply search a bit using accessibility ios bluetooth keyboard and you will get to it.

Basically, it requires a little getting use to it but it permits you navigate a web page without having to tap the screen. Simply using some shortcuts via keyboard combinaision.

Cheers,

how to scroll in ipad using bluetooth keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.