Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to install old Jam Packs on MacBook Air/Lion.

When I try to install my old Jam Pack, World Music, on MacBook Air, it fails at the last minute, giving infinite errors due to PListBuddy not being supported, necessitating a restart. Symphony and Orchestra worked fine. Anyone esle had the same problem or any luck fixing it? Thanks.

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7), Old Jam Pack on new Garageband on L

Posted on Aug 16, 2011 9:56 PM

7 replies

Sep 22, 2011 7:22 PM in response to simoncm

So Jam Pack is a bit peculiar. What you'll want to do is:

1. Have the CD in the drive, and the file Install Jam Pack World Music in view.

2. Right-click (control click) on the file, and select Show Package Contents.

3. Open up the Contents folder.

4. Open up the Installers folder.

5. Find WorldMusic_Instruments_Tiger.pkg, and run the installation. You will get a few PListBuddy errors, but these can be closed, and the installation will finish.

6. Find WorldMusic_Loops_Tiger.pkg, and do the same as step 5.

You should be good!

Other info:

Some errors I noticed: It said that the installer was "waiting for other installations to complete". Just open Terminal (Applications -> Utilities), and type: sudo killall installd

Try installing again.

Sep 9, 2013 7:06 PM in response to JoshGrant

THANK YOU JOSHGRANT for that priceless intel "'scuse th' pun"about installing the jam pack World!!! When I looked at the Installation Log, I noticed the Tiger. package wording and wondered 'What has Tiger to do with this installation??' So, while lurking this forum, I became enlightened on the fact that this was formatted for Mac Power PCs, not Intel Macs!!!! That's why I could not finish the installation on my iMac

Just when I thought it was a memory thing and I was about to have a "white elephant" on my hands..........You Saved Th' Day 😁 Now, I can commence to making joyous music.....with gusto!!

You are appreciated!!!

Trying to install old Jam Packs on MacBook Air/Lion.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.