7 Replies Latest reply: Sep 9, 2013 7:06 PM by msticdrumr
simoncm Level 1 Level 1

When I try to install my old Jam Pack, World Music, on MacBook Air, it fails at the last minute, giving infinite errors due to PListBuddy not being supported, necessitating a restart. Symphony and Orchestra worked fine. Anyone esle had the same problem or any luck fixing it? Thanks.

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7), Old Jam Pack on new Garageband on L
  • JoshGrant Level 1 Level 1

So Jam Pack is a bit peculiar. What you'll want to do is:

1. Have the CD in the drive, and the file Install Jam Pack World Music in view.

2. Right-click (control click) on the file, and select Show Package Contents.

3. Open up the Contents folder.

4. Open up the Installers folder.

5. Find WorldMusic_Instruments_Tiger.pkg, and run the installation. You will get a few PListBuddy errors, but these can be closed, and the installation will finish.

6. Find WorldMusic_Loops_Tiger.pkg, and do the same as step 5.

You should be good!

Other info:

Some errors I noticed: It said that the installer was "waiting for other installations to complete". Just open Terminal (Applications -> Utilities), and type: sudo killall installd

Try installing again.

• MattiMattMatt Level 4 Level 4

Great advice, as the Jam Packs appear to be discontinued so will not likely be upgraded beyond this recurring problem.

• Jwcorey Level 1 Level 1

Just wanted to let you know that you solved my problem as well. Thank you for the advice!

• jonoscottfhc Level 1 Level 1

A buig ditto on the advice given. Just performed the task with 0 problems!

Thx!

• gmventures Level 1 Level 1

work for my lion. Thanks!

• Matteo.M Level 1 Level 1

I followed your excellent wizard! But in the Terminal i needed to write sudo killall -9 installd instead of sudo killall installd

I hope this will be useful for others.

Thank you for helping!

• msticdrumr Level 1 Level 1

THANK YOU JOSHGRANT for that priceless intel "'scuse th' pun"about installing the jam pack World!!!  When I looked at the Installation Log, I noticed the Tiger. package wording and wondered 'What has Tiger to do with this installation??'  So, while lurking this forum, I became enlightened on the fact that this was formatted for Mac Power PCs, not Intel Macs!!!!  That's why I could not finish the installation on my iMac    

Just when I thought it was a memory thing and I was about to have a "white elephant" on my hands..........You Saved Th' Day   Now, I can commence to making joyous music.....with gusto!! 

You are appreciated!!!