Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Migration assistant with Time capsule through ethernet. TC is not a base station but a network hard drive.

Hi, I set up my time capsule as a hard drive in the network. It is not the base station of the network (we have another router). I can access the TC wirelessly but can I access it through the ethernet. I tried to do so but I could not, I need to use the migration assitant because I backed up all my files to the TC. However, when I let the migration assitant look for the TC while the wifi is off it can not find it. When i go to the Ethernet preferances (even though wifi is off). it says connected and it gives me an IP address!

Time Capsule-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Aug 17, 2011 1:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2011 4:11 AM

ok, found the answer, All i had to do was to re-configure the TC to make it not connected to any networks but ethernet, and migrated. Then, i reconfigured it back again 🙂

1 reply

Migration assistant with Time capsule through ethernet. TC is not a base station but a network hard drive.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.