Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Compressor 4 with final cut pro 6

Hi there

At the moment I am using Compressor 3.5 with Final Cut Pro 6.

I was wondering if Compressor 4 works wth Final Cut Pro 6.

The bad thing is that, if I want to buy Compressor 4, I must use the Mac Application market.

Unfortunately, I can't download the application market, if I don't update my mac software to snow 10.6 (now I have 10.5.8)

Let's say that I will update first the Mac Software.

Let's say that I will buy compressor 4.

Do you think that is compatible with Final Cut Pro 6?

PowerMac, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Aug 17, 2011 3:01 AM

4 replies

Aug 17, 2011 10:07 AM in response to Videopress

Motion 4 is part of Final Cut Studio (2009) and is no longer offered for sale from Apple. It is probably compatible with FCP 6 (but you get FCP 7 in Studio (2009) so it's a moot point) and requires OS X Leopard (10.5)

Motion 5 is available from the App Store and requires OS X Snow Leopard. It is probably not compatible with FCP 6 since it is designed to support FCP X.

Your only "upgrade" option is FCS (2009) if you can find a proper copy somewhere.

Aug 17, 2011 1:38 PM in response to Videopress

Yes , it will work with FCP 6. There are two ways to make this work...

1) Export the video from FCP... Open Compressor 4 and drop the movie into it... Pick you codec...

2) To send to Compressor 4 from FCP 6... Send the video to Compressor from FCP dropdown menu... The old Compressor version will open... Do a save of the project... Save it to the desktop... Quit Compressor... Right click the saved Compressor project that is on the desktop... Open with... Pick Compressor 4 from the menu... The project will open in Compressor 4.

Feb 14, 2016 9:52 AM in response to Videopress

A new guy here. I've got a Mac Pro (early 2009), with 5GB of memory. I use FCP 6. I just installed Compressor 4.2.2 from the App store. It's there. I can open it up from the dock.

But when I'm in FCP, and I try to export a sequence using Compressor, a message comes up: "Compressor not properly installed." Did I do something wrong?

When I bought Compressor from the App store, I clicked on the box labelled "buy." The box then said "Installing..." This was the only indication that something was happening. After a few minutes the box said "open." When I clicked on it nothing happened, though. The only way I knew something had happened was clicking on Compressor's icon in the dock, at which point it opened up. Does this information help?

Thanks.

Compressor 4 with final cut pro 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.