3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 3, 2011 8:24 AM by art21974
dlabc563 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

can I uninstall parallels 5 from a mac book with lion installed

mac book 2.4 gig 250 gig OS 10.5.2, Mac OS X (10.5.2)
  • Fortuny Level 7 Level 7 (21,430 points)

To my knowledge Parallels puts an un-installer app in its Parallels folder.

Using this uninstaller app should remove Parallels from your Mac but not the VMs (Virtual Machines) you used with Parallels.

Stefan

• JMBoivin Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)

Thanks Stefan for this reply. I tried using the Paralles 5 uninstaller provided on the original DVD but it comes back with "Parallel is not installed on this computer" (or some such reply). I tried launching Parallel 5 from lion but, as expected, it doesn't launch.

So far, we're still stuck. I keep looking and will get back if answer is found

• art21974 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Just to add to the conversation with some helpful information. 

Prior to install i was more worried about finding a Quicken replacement than anything (decided on iBank).  I installed Lion and then realized as I was going through my system that Parallel 5 set up for my previous employer.  As suspected, it did not work. So I upgraded Parallels planning to eventually set it up again in the future including reinstalling the version of windows.  When I finally logged on with after the upgrade, all my files, etc. was still there.  Shocking but true.  Double check to see if this occured with any one else.  Good luck.