Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTouch 2nd Generation (32 GB) will not sync anything on Windows Vista

I bought a used 2nd Generation iTouch June 2010 on eBay, and have never had a problem with it until now. For some reason, I will get one of several error messages

"The iPod "iPod name" cannot be synced. The required disk cannot be found

or

"The iPod "iPod name" cannot be synced. An error occured while reading from the device

or

"The iPod "iPod name" cannot be synced. An error occured while writing to the device

It does not give me an error code number so it makes it harder to look for help on this matter on the Internet. Everything is up to date (I believe) and I have reset all the settings on my iTouch. I've tried connecting it to the different USB ports on my laptop, but still to no avail, as well as restarted my laptop. My last resort is to completely restore it, requiring me to have to repurchase everything I've already gotten from iTunes and I'd rather not do that if this is fixable.

My iTouch has version 4.2.1 (8C148) on it and my iTunes is 10.4.0.80. Someone please help me. I'd be very grateful for it

iPod touch

Posted on Aug 17, 2011 5:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2011 6:03 AM

- For the first error try deleting the iPod Photo Cache folder. For its location see:

iTunes: Photo sync creates iPod Photo Cache folder

- Try that first. If still problems firt try resetting the iPod. Nothing will be lost:

Reset iPod touch: Press and hold the On/Off Sleep/Wake button and the Home

button at the same time for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Next try placing the iPod in recovery mode and then restoring the iPod. For recovery mode see:

iPhone and iPod touch: Unable to update or restore

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 17, 2011 6:03 AM in response to bnr1118

- For the first error try deleting the iPod Photo Cache folder. For its location see:

iTunes: Photo sync creates iPod Photo Cache folder

- Try that first. If still problems firt try resetting the iPod. Nothing will be lost:

Reset iPod touch: Press and hold the On/Off Sleep/Wake button and the Home

button at the same time for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Next try placing the iPod in recovery mode and then restoring the iPod. For recovery mode see:

iPhone and iPod touch: Unable to update or restore

Aug 17, 2011 10:01 PM in response to lllaass

At first, I couldn't find the iPod Photo Cache on my computer and trying to restore it gave me the error code 2009, then 2003. I'm not sure what happened but I disconnected then reconnected my iPod really quickly and it worked. Now it works just fine.

Not sure what happened, but thank you so much for helping me 🙂

iTouch 2nd Generation (32 GB) will not sync anything on Windows Vista

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.