Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to import 60p footage

How can I import 60p footage that I have already shot not knowing that FCP X would import directly. I also have Imovie 11. If FCPX OR iMovie wont do it directly, any suggestions on Mac friendly program that would convert, I like free programs. Thanks for your help guys.

Final Cut Pro X, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Aug 17, 2011 9:27 AM

8 replies

Nov 13, 2011 10:00 AM in response to ptburnett68

I have a similar question regarding 60p. I'm getting ready to purchase a Panasonic HDC-TM900 and need to know what software I can use to import the 1080p/60p video using either my G5 OSX 10.5.8 or macbookpro OSX 10.6.8. I'd like to see if I could just purchase Adobe Premier Elements but I'd go for Adobe Premier Pro if needed. I've been told that many professionals are getting away from Final Cut. Please help me out. I don't want to be a slave to my system and have to keep jumping through hoops just because I have a Mac instead of a PC.

Nov 13, 2011 5:23 PM in response to ptburnett68

Well, there's really no need to be arrogant in your response. I did mention the other computer I had and obviously I'm not technologically proficient regarding video's. I have no idea what IMHO or OMF/EDL nor multicam means. I just need to cut and past and perhaps rearrange segments of my videos. I don't need special effects, etc. You never really addressed the questions I asked regarding 1080p/60p. Is there an easy way for a consumer to deal with this issue without a lot of hassle?

Nov 15, 2011 2:42 AM in response to Norman Soskel

Norman Soskel wrote:

I just need to cut and past and perhaps rearrange segments of my videos. I don't need special effects, etc. You never really addressed the questions I asked regarding 1080p/60p. Is there an easy way for a consumer to deal with this issue without a lot of hassle?

Well, use this Mac Video Converter (http://www.myhdsoft.com/top-rated-mac-hd-video-converter-os-x-lion-reviews/), supports any type HD videos like AVCHD, H.264 MTS, DSLR etc

How to import 60p footage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.