Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod Video Peed On By Dog - HELP!

In 2006 I was given a brand new Ipod Video (Now Classified as a Classic) It worked perfectly for a year however in 2007 when we first got our dog Billy and he was being house trained it was left on the floor outside my room and it was peed on killing something within it I think the battery but its probably the hard drive.

My dad got me an ipod touch to replace it which got stolen then a 3GS which i upgraded to an Iphone 4 and Ipad 2 and now I've regained into my collection my 2006 Ipod Video which is still unusable.

I want to know what the fault probably is, if its fixable, how much it'd cost and is it cheaper for me to buy a new Ipod ?

I want to give it to my grandfather for his 70th birthday in October as his 2gb shuffle isnt enough for him.

Many thanks to anyone who helps me in finding a solution to this brainwrecker of a problem

iPod classic

Posted on Aug 17, 2011 9:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2011 9:22 AM

With moisture damage, it's always hard to determine where the damage was done. Your best bet would be to send it into a third party repair center that offers free diagnostics. They can help determine if your iPod is worth fixing.

Also, considering the iPod hasn't been used in a few years, it's likely that the battery will need replacing either way.

B-rock

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 17, 2011 9:22 AM in response to RubberryfromBristol

With moisture damage, it's always hard to determine where the damage was done. Your best bet would be to send it into a third party repair center that offers free diagnostics. They can help determine if your iPod is worth fixing.

Also, considering the iPod hasn't been used in a few years, it's likely that the battery will need replacing either way.

B-rock

Ipod Video Peed On By Dog - HELP!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.