9 Replies Latest reply: Feb 8, 2015 10:57 AM by danihilist Branched to a new discussion.
Wiley207 Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)

My early 2009 MacBook is having a bit of trouble with the display backlight. Nowadays in order to get the backlight to turn on I need to fiddle around with the display until it comes on, then I have to keep it steady or it may go out again. I have traced the problem to the backlight, because when my screen blacks out if I look real closely or shine a light on it, I can see the stuff on the screen.

I know this can be fixed. I do not want to risk opening the MacBook to do so, because I could probably break something (this once happened when I attempted to repair a PowerBook G4; I wound up disabling the Wi-Fi.) I did hear from someone who had the same problem with the same model early this year, he took it to his nearest Apple Store, and even though it was no longer under warranty, it only cost $45 for the inverter to be replaced! (It also had a chipped palmrest and that helped with the fee too; mine has a somewhat chipped palmrest as well.) Does Apple really do something like that, or would I be better off with a local computer repair shop?

Plrease reply ASAP

MacBook, Early 2009 model