Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AppleFileServer.plist shutdownThreshold meaning

Hi, does anyone know what the shutdownThreshold values are in the /Library/Preferences/com.apple.AppleFileSharing.plist?

Specifically, I'm wondering if I could change the behaviour of AppleFileServer in response to the kIOMessageCanSystemSleep to allow enable idle sleep.

I've narrowed down my mac mini idle sleep issues to the AppleFileServer. For some reason, AppleFileServer prevents idles sleep by calling IOCancelPowerChange() in response to the kIOMessageCanSystemSleep message. Which seems silly as the system is quite capable of sleeping when I click apple -> Sleep.

I worked out AppleFileServer is preventing idle sleep by checking my system log (I have sleepwatcher installed)

18/08/11 8:46:52.633 AM de.bernhard-baehr.sleepwatcher: sleepwatcher: allow sleep <- This happens when kIOMessageCanSystemSleep message is received.

18/08/11 8:46:52.000 AM kernel: PM notification cancel (pid 614, AppleFileServer)

18/08/11 8:46:52.000 AM kernel: IOPMrootDomain: idle cancel

When I shutdown AppleFileServer with:

sudo launchctl stop com.apple.AppleFileServer

the mac mini is able to idle sleep.

Regards,

Louis

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Aug 18, 2011 6:15 AM

There are no replies.

AppleFileServer.plist shutdownThreshold meaning

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.