Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I publish .html file to Web Server?

I created an entire website in iWeb (saving to a Local Folder), Published the Site (to the folder), Saved and Quit. When I re-launched iWeb, everything I had done was pretty much gone- just a few Text Boxes left- but everything is still there in the local folder. (I can browse through fine from launching index.html).

I have 2 questions now-

(1). How do I get everything back into iWeb from the .html file? (More importantly, can I?).

(2). How can I publish this website to the company's website online? Do I just upload the full directory from my Mac to the Root Directory online? (Then I would just need stuff back in iWeb for future updates).

Any help would be largely appreciated!
Thank You,

Karan Varindani.

(Also, Lion's been awfully bad with handling iWeb. Stuff just doesn't save!).

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7), 17", Core i7 2.67GHz, 8GB RAM, 1TB

Posted on Aug 18, 2011 9:12 AM

4 replies

Aug 18, 2011 4:10 PM in response to killa.k

Try the following:

1. delete the iWeb preference file, com.apple.iWeb.plist, that resides in your Home(User uploaded file) /Library/Preferences folder.
  2. go to your Home(User uploaded file)/Library/Caches/com.apple.iWeb folder and delete its contents.
  3. launch iWeb and see if the site is back in iweb.

If that doesn't help continue with:

1. move the domain file from your Home/Library/Application Support/iWeb folder to the Desktop.
  2. launch iWeb, create a new test site, save the new domain file and close iWeb.
  3. go to the your Home/Library/Application Support/iWeb folder and delete the new domain file.
  4. move your original domain file from the Desktop to the iWeb folder.
  5. launch iWeb and try again.

OT

How do I publish .html file to Web Server?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.