Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to convert .mbox format to .olm or .pst format?

Hello, I'm trying to export my e-mails from mac mail to outlook 2011. Mac mail has .mbox format which outlook 2011 doesn't support. Does anyone know how to convert .mbox format into .olm or .pst formar so that I can import my e-mails to outlook 2011? Thank you. Regards.

Posted on Aug 18, 2011 2:57 PM

74 replies

May 24, 2017 12:34 AM in response to babyluliis

The one touch solution to all your problems. There is a tool named MBOX Converter which can export all your MBOX emails. This tool is designed so perfectly that it can convert 20+ email client MBOX file into multiple file formats. Using this software you can extract emails from MBOX file to Outlook PST which you can then import to Outlook 2011. It provides the option to recover MBOX files along with attachments also. I would like to recommend you to use this tool once and avail all its features.

Jul 21, 2017 12:10 AM in response to babyluliis

If you want to convert MBOX to PST format, you should try an easy manual trick that requires no 3rd party tool. The manual trick can help you import email messages of MBOX files from Apple Mail to Windows Outlook. You can refer to this blog post for complete information - MBOX to PST Manual Conversion – An Easy Tutorial

Before you can purchase any paid software, you must try the manual trick shared in the above blog post. I hope the shared information would be helpful here.

Thanks and best regards.

Jan 4, 2018 2:37 AM in response to babyluliis

I recently made a switch to Windows and Windows Outlook, from Mac and Mac Outlook. While transferring my data by migrating Olm to Pst, I realized that all my emails from overseas clients that were in non-English language don't appear to be converted accurately. Try Gladwev OLM to PST Converter Ultimate. It can help you better. I have already used. Its rating is high. It is also in speed.

Aug 18, 2011 5:04 PM in response to cpickrell

Those instructions cover importing a .pst or .olm into Outlook 2011, MacMail (as the OP has discovered) can't import either of those.

There are also instructions on how to do it via Eudora, not the easiest way,

To the OP

Buy Emailchemy, it will handle the conversion for you.

Message was edited by: Csound1

I should ask, is this an iMap account? if so you don't need to import at all, what is your mail system, iMap, POP or Exchange?

Aug 19, 2011 8:30 AM in response to cpickrell

Thanks! The thing is that I'm currently using Outlook 2011. I have installed Lion OSX two days ago and it seems that Outlook 2011 is crashing. So I want to set up my imap account in mac mail. I need to make a backup of my e-mails because I've almost reached the limit in gmail. I assume that that the backup made in mac mail is .mbox. I've never used mac mail before so I might need to go back to using Outolook 2011. So if I've already backed up my e-mails in .mbox, how can I convert the .mbox into .pst or .olm so that I can import my backup to Outlook 2011? Thank you very much for your help. Regards.

How to convert .mbox format to .olm or .pst format?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.