Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro 13-inch (i7 2.7ghz) or Macbook Pro 15inch (i7 2.0ghz)

so.. i was wondering..

both are i7.. and i really want the bigger screen one, but i see that the 15 inch only have 2.0 ghz while the 13 inch has the 2.7ghz.

so which one should i choose?

does it make a difference in terms of the ghz? or is it all the same as long as its i7?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Aug 18, 2011 6:45 PM

1 reply

Oct 27, 2011 3:59 AM in response to janiceanya

At present, in the Aple Store, both are offered at higher clock speeds than you indicate. However, the more important difference between the MBP 13 and the MBP 15 is the i7 chip itself. In the MBP 13, the Intel i7 chip is a dual core processor. In the MBP 15, the Intel i7 chip is a quad core processor.

Simply put, even though the processor clock speed is faster in the 13, the 15 has double the core processing ability. The chip in the MBP 15 also comes with a larger L3 cache which aides in processing speed. If you'll be running with multiple applications running at once, you'll definitely get more from the MBP 15.

Macbook Pro 13-inch (i7 2.7ghz) or Macbook Pro 15inch (i7 2.0ghz)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.