Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Media Browser in iWork/Mail, not seeing Aperture library

I've been using Aperture 3 a long time now, but cannot get it to share images in the media browser of iWork apps & Mail.

The proper pull down menu item in Aperture>Prefs>Previews is selected (set to Always share with iWork/iLife). Any ideas on how to correct this?

I've already tried rebuilding the library and rebuilding the database by using Command-Option on startup, but this hasn't helped.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Intel, 27"

Posted on Aug 18, 2011 7:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2011 8:34 AM

I had a similar problem after a clean install of LION and reinstalling Aperture.

From other post in the forum I got the final solution.

Choose in Aperture in the File menu another Library (create one, I my case "test"). All of the sudden Aperture showed up in the media browser. Then switch back to the original Library. My pictures are showing up in any Browser mail, iWork, iTunes (sync with my iPad).

I guess there is some sort of "blessing" (writing some preferences somewhere) which was lsot in the first case.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 22, 2011 8:34 AM in response to simfizx

I had a similar problem after a clean install of LION and reinstalling Aperture.

From other post in the forum I got the final solution.

Choose in Aperture in the File menu another Library (create one, I my case "test"). All of the sudden Aperture showed up in the media browser. Then switch back to the original Library. My pictures are showing up in any Browser mail, iWork, iTunes (sync with my iPad).

I guess there is some sort of "blessing" (writing some preferences somewhere) which was lsot in the first case.

Media Browser in iWork/Mail, not seeing Aperture library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.