Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't 'create account' for developer forums. (iOS)

I have an iOS dev membership, and everything else is working. But I can't access the developer forums.

I get stuck at the Create Account screen where I have to "Specify a Screen Name". I choose a screen name, press the Create Account button, a wait spinner appears and then nothing happens. No error message, and no access.

Anyone else having problems accessing the developer forums?

Posted on Aug 19, 2011 1:12 AM

9 replies

Sep 1, 2013 11:47 AM in response to dogweather

I had the same issue as ron lauge

Ron Lugge wrote :

in my case, it turned out the issue was having two AppleId's both pointing to the same email (one of them was an old work based id, one was my 'real' apple ID)-- somehow that gunked up my primary account.

And to solve it, I went into my old account and tried to access the developer forums from there, then I had to click renew (tho I didnt actually renew) and then went back to my current account and it worked fine.

Sep 23, 2013 7:02 AM in response to dogweather

I had the exact same problem. I managed to solve it by changing my email registered with my appleid (which also changed my appleid).

Note that some for email clients (like gmail) you can send an email to yourself using a modified address; Adding "+something" to your email address will still deliver the message to you. For instance:

my.email@gmail.com

my.email+appleid@gmail.com

are the same email.

Can't 'create account' for developer forums. (iOS)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.