Skip navigation

PC DVI to mini-display to 27' Thunderbolt Display

1557 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 28, 2011 12:36 PM by hoffmanFamily4 RSS
hoffmanFamily4 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Aug 19, 2011 11:27 AM

(I was yelled at for not starting my own thread...so here goes.)

I have a brand new MBP with Thunderbolt.  Work just bought me a 27' Thunderbolt display.  Great so far.  I also have a high-end Dell laptop.  I want to connect the DVI out on my work Dell base station to my Thunderbolt display.  I have a mini-display port to DVI adaptor.  Plugged that into my MBP Thunderbolt display and got the second monitor up on from my MBP.  Now when the new Thunderbolt monitor gets here, I am really hoping that I will be able to reverse the flow and connect from the DVI out of my Dell base station, to the DVI-mini-diplayport and into the back Thunderbolt port and then display the image on the Thunderbolt display.

Can anyone confirm??

Best,

Kevin

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.