Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PC DVI to mini-display to 27' Thunderbolt Display

(I was yelled at for not starting my own thread...so here goes.)

I have a brand new MBP with Thunderbolt. Work just bought me a 27' Thunderbolt display. Great so far. I also have a high-end Dell laptop. I want to connect the DVI out on my work Dell base station to my Thunderbolt display. I have a mini-display port to DVI adaptor. Plugged that into my MBP Thunderbolt display and got the second monitor up on from my MBP. Now when the new Thunderbolt monitor gets here, I am really hoping that I will be able to reverse the flow and connect from the DVI out of my Dell base station, to the DVI-mini-diplayport and into the back Thunderbolt port and then display the image on the Thunderbolt display.

Can anyone confirm??

Best,

Kevin

Posted on Aug 19, 2011 11:18 AM

2 replies

Sep 28, 2011 12:07 PM in response to hoffmanFamily4

Kevin can you confirm this? Do you have a Thunderbolt Display, with a MiniDisplayport to DVI hooked up to your Dell laptop? I presume this works, but that you only have the monitor and speakers working, without the USB/Ethernet/TB port that are on the back of the display?

I am waiting for somebody to test this so I can decide to buy the display yes or no so please let me know asap : )

Thomas.

PC DVI to mini-display to 27' Thunderbolt Display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.