Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DMR Songs

Is there a way of running a search in iTunes which would exclusively list all of the music in my library which is protected, as opposed to the the other music in my library which is DMR free?

Thank you

Posted on Aug 19, 2011 11:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2011 12:01 PM

I presume you mean "DRM free", DRM meaning Digital Rights Management aka copy protection. Go the Music section of the library and select to show the Kind column (control-click in any header), click the Kind header to sort, then look for any track that is listed as being a "Protected AAC audio file". Those will have DRM.

You can also create a Smart Playlist with "Kind" Contains "Protected AAC".

Regards.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 19, 2011 12:01 PM in response to DannoT

I presume you mean "DRM free", DRM meaning Digital Rights Management aka copy protection. Go the Music section of the library and select to show the Kind column (control-click in any header), click the Kind header to sort, then look for any track that is listed as being a "Protected AAC audio file". Those will have DRM.

You can also create a Smart Playlist with "Kind" Contains "Protected AAC".

Regards.

Aug 19, 2011 1:12 PM in response to DannoT

Go to the iTunes Store, sign in, and look for a link under the Quick Links that says "iTunes Plus". Click that and if there are any tracks that the iTunes Store shows as eligible - Apple wasn't able to get agreements from the record companies for all of the tracks, and free tracks were not eligible at all - you can upgrade there. The price would indeed be $0.30 per track US.

Regards.

DMR Songs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.