Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How much for an SSD upgrade to my iMac?

When my iMac was first released there was an option to get a 1 TB HDD with a 256 GB SSD. My iMac is fast, but I know it could be a lot snappier if I added an SSD to the mix. I looked around and it looked either extremely difficult to borderline impossible to upgrade it myself so I was wondering how much it would cost Apple to do it, if anyone has any idea?

I'm debating getting it done as my display has a few dead pixels just off-center. The plan would be I'd take it in for the screen to be replaced (warranty!) and while they're in there have them drop in the new drive.

Thoughts?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.7), iMac11,3

Posted on Aug 19, 2011 1:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2011 1:22 PM

Unless policies have changed very recently, an Apple Store will not perform an upgrade to a SSD. You'll probably have to look to an authorized Apple service center to do the work, and it will be up to that service center what they'll charge. A service center may offer to do the installation for a reduced charge if you purchase the SSD from them. You'll have to shop around, though.

Regards.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 19, 2011 1:22 PM in response to Doug_S

Unless policies have changed very recently, an Apple Store will not perform an upgrade to a SSD. You'll probably have to look to an authorized Apple service center to do the work, and it will be up to that service center what they'll charge. A service center may offer to do the installation for a reduced charge if you purchase the SSD from them. You'll have to shop around, though.

Regards.

How much for an SSD upgrade to my iMac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.