Skip navigation

Updating Keywords for a submitted app (App Store)

349 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 19, 2011 3:49 PM by K T RSS
adria007 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Aug 19, 2011 2:32 PM

I submited an application in the app store. It was accepted. However, there is a huge problem. When it was submitted, the keywords associated with it were entered incorrectly by accident. I want to update the keywords by submitting the same binary file with different keywords. I'm being told that I can't do this. Is that correct? Is there a way to submit the same bin. file and still be able to update my keywords for my app?

• xnav Level 5 Level 5 (6,615 points)
    Aug 19, 2011 3:16 PM (in response to adria007)

As a minimum you must change the version number on the binary.

• K T Level 7 Level 7 (23,215 points)
    Aug 19, 2011 3:49 PM (in response to adria007)

You'll need to update the app with a 'revised'/new version if you elect to modify keywords.

Expect to repeat a similar process as you went thru with the original. Step thru adding a new app and you'll see what you'll have to change and what you can change.

You may want to explain in the review notes that you're updating the keywords...it would be nice if users saw some benefit as well , even if if you simply claim the notorius "various bug fixes that affected some users"...just don't make a habit of it or the review teams may not feel sympathetic.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.