Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to get Iphone 4 backups

Okay i have been using a windows computer for the past year and have a number backups for my Iphone 4 on it.. When i connected the iphone to my new macbook pro it asked if I wanted to update the firmware and I chose yes. When the whole thing was done I lost all my data, contacts (most important), apps, pictures and other things.

NOW, is it possible to find these backups on the windows pc and store them somewere on the macbook pro so that Itunes can see them and I can apply them to my iphone 4.

If there are other alternatives please help

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Aug 20, 2011 12:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2011 12:40 AM

First you need to erase all of your data on the iPhone 4, settings>general>reset select erase all content and settings, then sync the iPhone to your Windows computer, select your latest backup, when finished syncing transfer your Windows data to your Mac follow these instructions http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2518

5 replies

Aug 20, 2011 12:47 AM in response to Eric Ross

Well , unfortunately the reason why im now using a mac is beacuse my windows pc is not working anymore. So the only option i have is to access the PC's hard drive using the macbook i have now, and as I asked, is it possible to find the backups and place them somewere in the macbook so that itunes can read them? Will the format of the backups be the same despite the OS difference. And will i have any problems. I can not resort to fixing the windows pc because that is why bought the mac- so i dont have to bother myself anymore with the windows pc.. Please help. thanks!

how to get Iphone 4 backups

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.