Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Birthday dates are synced partially between laptop and iPhone/iPad with lion server

Birthdays are synced between laptops (with lion) in lion server. However, when involving iphones/ipad part of this info is lost. In addition, bithdays without year apper in iPad/iPhone with the year 1603. It seems to be the the iPhone/iPad OS neds to be updated for new address book functionality already available in lion? Does anyone with OS 5 beta confirm that this will be corrected?

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Aug 20, 2011 12:59 AM

9 replies

Sep 6, 2011 7:46 AM in response to Evian

For me it is the other way around. Birthdays sync nicely to my iphone. But since "upgrading" to Lion my calendar doesn't show newly added birthdays and old birthdays are shown without name and age. Removed the setting to show birthday calendar, now they are all gone.

Could it be that it has to do with the new account setup? I still have the separated account settings for address book (CardDav) and ical (CalDav). Should I delete them and set up a central OS X server account? Or could it be something different?

Oct 13, 2011 7:37 PM in response to Evian

This is still present in 10.7.2 server/client. Did some testing with 10.7.2 client using Kerio CardDAV server, and bug DID NOT occur, so seems to require 10.7.x CardDav SERVER.

Here's the bug as I see it:

Lion client simply does not download birthdays from Lion server, but they are there, which is evident from an iOS device. The problem occurs if anything forces a Lion machine to re-fetch a contact with a birthday (which is the case if other client updates card, or if it's just a new Lion client), so that when that same client makes a different change to card, the entire birthday-less card is re-uploaded and birthday is lost.

Birthday dates are synced partially between laptop and iPhone/iPad with lion server

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.