Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Universal Access - Zoom not working

In Lion, it appears that the Zoom function in Universal Access is not working... using the "control" key with the mouse wheel. However, if I switch Universal Access Zoom funtion to work within a window, it works fine. Not sure why it doesn't work otherwise, worked fine in SnowLeopard.

Anyone else have this problem?

Posted on Aug 20, 2011 7:00 AM

4 replies

Sep 15, 2011 8:54 AM in response to Tony Barone

I'm having the same problem. Using Snow Leopard I had no problems. I could hold Command and Option and press either + or - to zoom in or out, but in Lion it isn't working unless I have "Zoom in window" checked. I checked my Universal Access control panel, my keyboard shortcuts are the same.

Keyboard modifier keys don't work, neither does using the modifier keys with the mouse scroll wheel EXCEPT when "zoom in window" is checked.

I still haven't found a solution. 😟

Jan 31, 2012 10:44 PM in response to Tony Barone

Not entirely sure this will help, but, I was having an issue with toggling white-black/black-white with a key combo.

Turns out that universal access has a list of shortcuts you must enable in Keyboard > Keyboard Shortcuts. It worked for my issue, and I noticed some zoom-enable stuff there, not enabled by default.

I'm on a big iMac with Lion, I run in 2560x1440 so I have to use control-scroll a lot, and I prefer it to the key combo.

I really hope this helped.

Universal Access - Zoom not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.