Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New HD installed with Snow Leopard, need to restore Tiger

This is probably obvious to you all, but having done a disasterous restore once in my life I don't want to take any chances. One of the computers I work on is a 15" MacBook Pro 15" pre unibody - Intel Core Duo. I bought it second hand to replace a Quicksilver tower and was delighted to have Tiger on it since we use Adobe CS2 and it was hinky on Leopard. OBviously not springing for CS5 anytime soon unless someone gives me a lot of money. So I need at least 1 computer running Tiger. My HD crashed and I decided since I was in a rush to let Apple replace the drive for me (the 23 screws were a little daunting to me while under a wee bit of stress). The computer came back with Snow Leopard installed. I have my (bootable) clone on an external HD and want to restore - do I need to erase (reformat??) the hd before the restore or does CCC erase for me? As I said I did this wrong once . . . . and, pathetic as it is, I am the computer wrangler in this establishment, so I am counting on you!

Thanks

Annexit

Work: MackBook Pro intel 17", Quicksilver 733 MHz 10.4.11,, Mac OS X (10.5.6), MacBook Pro 15" intel 10.4.11, iMac G3, iPod nano, Canon S60

Posted on Aug 20, 2011 7:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2011 11:05 AM

CCC can erase the Disk or overwrite the files, I'd erase it first, if not with CCC, then Disk Utility.

3 replies

New HD installed with Snow Leopard, need to restore Tiger

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.