Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

where are mail directories?

I want to stop Time Machine from backing up the junk folder and can't find it!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Aug 20, 2011 8:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2011 12:23 PM

Mail directories are here - (hard drive) > Users > (youraccountname) > Library > Mail. Dig around in there until you find it. I found one, "Junk.imapmbox", in a folder named Mac-(myaccountname)

3 replies

Aug 20, 2011 1:15 PM in response to johnsankey

johnsankey wrote:

Many thanks, Don. I really don't understand why Apple makes it such a hassle for even an admin to search the whole disk...

Agreed.

There is a way to improve search capability for things like that, at least in Snow Leopard -

Press Command-F, and a search window will open. In the first pulldown menu -

User uploaded file

select "Other...". A scrolling list window will appear. Scroll up or down to System Files, checkmark that, then OK it.

System Files will then have been added to the list of items presented in that pulldown menu, and can be used to set the search criteria.

Note - apparently "aren't included" is the default for the second pulldown menu when System Files is set, but you can change that to "are included" for the duration of that search.

where are mail directories?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.