Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

losing input control

Hi

Just started having this problem which starts out by the mouse (magic) sticks to an object and won't let go. At that point the mouse is useless and my keyboard loses some control - I can't quit applications, but I can "force quit" everything. I cannot choose shutdown or restart and have to hit the power button and restart.

In a related incient a few days ago, I lost any keyboard input, even after restarting a couple of times. It eventually returned after 4 or 5 attempts. I'm using Bluetooth Magic Mouse and I also have a bluetooth keyboard which wasn't present at the time.

Any ideas?

thanks

DJH

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7), 17" 4GB RAM 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo

Posted on Aug 20, 2011 11:04 AM

2 replies

Jun 21, 2012 9:32 AM in response to ghtK3VHxiO9DalJklqHh

HI it's me again!

Well after a year of no problems with the mouse it has suddenly reoccurred again. Same Magic Mouse and configuration as before and this time, I do not have left click control. I think I have temporarily worked around it by designating my right click as a left click and then using control left click to open up the options menu. Still I would like to know what't going on... Anyone?

losing input control

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.