Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will My installed apps get deleted?

I Have Adobe CS5 Web Premium but lost my dvd, and im hoping that if i install mac osx lion, the entire suite will be deleted. I have no external hard drive to fit the whole thing into. PLEASE! Asking for help! PS: I have the same problem with the FAcetime App. Cam Pre-Installed with my macbook pro and im not sure if that too will get deleted. Please Help

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Aug 20, 2011 11:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2011 11:43 AM

I think you mean you are hoping it doesn't get deleted.

It should not. But you always need a backup.

That is a painful disc to lose at the price!

Why don't you order a copy from Adobe?

As you can see by the situation you're in, you ALWAYS need an external drive. If you can afford CS5 you can't NOT afford an externaql drive. Go buy one right now, firewire preferable, then we can get you upgraded without worry.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 20, 2011 11:43 AM in response to SamuelA1

I think you mean you are hoping it doesn't get deleted.

It should not. But you always need a backup.

That is a painful disc to lose at the price!

Why don't you order a copy from Adobe?

As you can see by the situation you're in, you ALWAYS need an external drive. If you can afford CS5 you can't NOT afford an externaql drive. Go buy one right now, firewire preferable, then we can get you upgraded without worry.

Aug 20, 2011 7:05 PM in response to SamuelA1

I'm not sure on the Adobe. Check that on their support site. If it's the same version and you have a serial number, it would seem reasonable that you could download the trial and put in your serial number. But "reasonable" has little to do with Adobe, so you better check.

What I do with updates, is install them on my cloned disk first to see if everything is working the way I want. Then, install to my internal disk. Hard disk drives are cheap, software can be pricey and you own data is priceless.

Will My installed apps get deleted?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.