Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Method of displaying topics in these discussion groups

On the page of the Mac OS & System Software > Mac OS X v10.7 Lion discussion that lists the headers of all the topics, at the bottom after the last topic on the page, a link is offered named "More". On clicking this, a second page appears (and then later pages), continuing the list of topics. When I select a topic on the second (or third) page and reply to it, I am automatically returned to the first page. I then have to scroll down to the bottom, press the More link again, and hunt for the last topic that I read. If I were on, say, the third page, I have to scroll down twice and press More twice, and so on. Each page is re-downloaded for obvious reasons (given the large amount of traffic on this discussion.) By the time that I reach the third page, it is quite a hunt to find the last topic that I visited so that I can continue to browse. This is inelegant and wastes time.

In the iMac (Intel) discussion, (also heavily trafficked) the other more conventional method of accessing later pages is used. That is, by a button marked Next. Having pressed that, I stay on that second page (or third page) and am returned to it, and do not have the fuss of repeatedly pressing More.

I have looked at "Your Stuff" but there seems no relevant preference. Therefore, how can I select the second method for all topics.

If that is notpossible, could you please make all topics follow the second method?

Thanks.

Posted on Aug 20, 2011 1:12 PM

2 replies

Method of displaying topics in these discussion groups

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.