Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod 3rd gen - dead hard drive

The hard drive on my 3rd gen iPod (the one with the four buttons across the face) finally gave up the ghost. Doesn't appear to be anywhere I can get it fixed or find a replacement drive, so I'm trying to figure out what to get as a replacement. I have an iTouch 2nd gen, but it's not as good for music as it is for everything else. Any suggestions? How is the iPod classic? I used my 3rd gen only for dragging my music with me everywhere I go, if that helps :-) Thanks!!

Posted on Aug 20, 2011 3:39 PM

1 reply

Aug 21, 2011 7:53 AM in response to Dezbot

An iPod classic is the way to go only if you have a fairly large music collection that you would like to take with you on the go.

Otherwise, a Nano would be the better choice given its cheaper cost while still maintaing a fairly large storage capacity of up to 16 GB.

Also, here is one site among many that sells replacement parts for your model iPod as well as offers the repair service.

http://www.iDemiGods.com/iPod_3rd_Generation_Monochrome_Parts_s/2.htm

B-rock

iPod 3rd gen - dead hard drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.