Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What does this icon mean?

Hello,

in short:

User uploaded file

In long:

I was working on a project which I accidentally created on the system drive. I copied the project (in the project window) into an external drive and worked on that one the whole time.

Today I needed more space on the system drive and (after checking some links randomly between my new project and its footage ) I decided to throw away the old project.

I checked the trash and there was the project with the render files. I emptied it.

Back to FCPX it said that there is something missing and I should better quit now. Unfortunately I can't quote that window. So I quit and relaunched FCPX and there it was: this little icon next to the name of the project on the external drive. Which shouldn't have any relation to the old project.

The project seems to work fine but it's some kind of warning and I'm concerned.

Thanks in advance

Final Cut Pro X, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Aug 20, 2011 5:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2011 6:02 PM

In my experience, that particular icon usually is saying there is an audio clip, or an audio part of a video clip, in which there is a potential problem. In the audio tab of the inspector you can go to the enhance part of the audio section and see Loudness, Hum Removal and Background Noise. Usually one of these is flagged with a little icon. The application is telling you it thinks you might have a problem there and that clicking on the appropriate enhancement might fix it. I usually encounter this on the Hum and Noise areas and ignore it, because I fix those aspect with EQ elsewhere in the audio adjustments. Best wishes.

stephen

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 20, 2011 6:02 PM in response to Fleak

In my experience, that particular icon usually is saying there is an audio clip, or an audio part of a video clip, in which there is a potential problem. In the audio tab of the inspector you can go to the enhance part of the audio section and see Loudness, Hum Removal and Background Noise. Usually one of these is flagged with a little icon. The application is telling you it thinks you might have a problem there and that clicking on the appropriate enhancement might fix it. I usually encounter this on the Hum and Noise areas and ignore it, because I fix those aspect with EQ elsewhere in the audio adjustments. Best wishes.

stephen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.