Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4 value after the 5 is released?

What's usually the selling value of a previous generation iPhone after the latest one is announced and then after it is released? I know the 3GS right now sells for about 150 bucks w/o contract on eBay and stuff, but it's been a year and so many months after the 4 has been released. I just want to know when I should sell my 4 to cover the $200 bucks of the next phone and how much it drops.

iPhone 4, iOS 4.3.3

Posted on Aug 20, 2011 5:03 PM

5 replies

Aug 21, 2011 12:43 AM in response to andysutton2073

andysutton2073 wrote:

What's usually the selling value of a previous generation iPhone after the latest one is announced and then after it is released? I know the 3GS right now sells for about 150 bucks w/o contract on eBay and stuff, but it's been a year and so many months after the 4 has been released. I just want to know when I should sell my 4 to cover the $200 bucks of the next phone and how much it drops.

I usually get the new iPhone on release day on contract and pay any fee for it there and then. Usually the fee I have to pay on contract is around £235 (16 GB iPhone 4) £335 (32 GB iPhone 4).

Once I have my new iPhone, I then sell my old iPhone the same day to a family friend.

I look after my tech and my iPhone's are usually in mint/new condition.

I usually buy the 16 GB iPhone (this time though I'm getting a 32 GB has 16 GB is getting tight on space now).

I normally sell my old iPhone for £300 ($493.95). Personally I think this is a good price (and my friend does too) when you consider that the previous iPhone still costs new £510 ($839.71) (16 GB iPhone 4) even straight after a new release.

iPhone 4 value after the 5 is released?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.