Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All My Files is now default view - unwanted by me

While browsing around in Lion, I clicked on the Finder in the dock, and saw All My Files on the Sidebar - I clicked on it, saw how it could be arranged, then clicked onto Desktop or Documents, or somewhere else and went on about my work. I must have done something unintentional because now All My Files has become the default to open whenever I click on the Finder Icon in the dock. I don't like that, so I decided to remove All My Files option from the sidebar - but that view is still the one that always appears. Argh.

Yes, I can just click on Music, Documents, External drive, etc - but whatever did I do to make that the default? I open the Finder - change it to my Home account - close the finder window reopen and it doesn't go to my Home account - but back to all my files. Drats. When I 'Show View Options' and set a default as list view - and then close the finder window and return to it - it opens up in a thumbnail view of all my files sorted by kind . That's fine, but not what I want and it didn't used to be like that until a mucked it up somehow last night or so.

It seems that everything else in Lion opens to where it was last set - but not the finder window for me - Sure would appreciate getting it to not always come up to All My Files - TIA

Also, since I removed the option of All My Files from the Favorites in the sidebar, how do I get that back so that once I get the first issue solved, and then whenever I DO want to view all my files, I can?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7), 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo - So fine

Posted on Aug 20, 2011 9:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2011 1:11 AM

Finder Preferences > New Finders windows show?

User uploaded file

Regards,

Colin R.

4 replies

All My Files is now default view - unwanted by me

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.