Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

blackboard mac safari

I'm trying to view a document in blackboard and its not allowing me. I'm using safari 5.1 and I've tried downloading older versions but it says I can't because in need my OS at 10.6.3 . I'm currently at 10.6.8. I've tried firefoxe 3.6 as recommended w/ Blackboard browser requirements and same problem, not able to view. Both safari and firefox says missing plug-ins. Pls help, asap.

Ness

Posted on Aug 21, 2011 1:34 AM

3 replies

Nov 8, 2011 2:50 PM in response to nsalonga

You didn't say which Blackboard you are trying to use and there appear to be quite a few, so here is the system requirement page you can check:

http://kb.blackboard.com/display/IDSR/Student+and+Faculty+Support+Resource+Cente r

I checked one of them and Lion was not mentioned (10.5 and 10.6 appear supported).

So you need to check your Blackboard version and its requirements; if it is not compatible with Lion, then I'd suggest contacting them and asking when it will be.

Other than that, before wanting to use third party software, you need to check if it is compatible with the system and computer you are using.

Nov 18, 2011 8:50 AM in response to nsalonga

If you post PDF files to your blackboard site using the “File” item type, read on for a must-do fix.

Students: if you try to view a PDF file and instead get a “Missing Plug-in” message, tell your professor he or she needs to fix the item.

File items in a content area display as a page icon and the name of the file as a hyperlink. If you use such File items, please go to the content area where they appear, and for each one use its contextual menu to edit it. Make sure that you set “Open in New Window: Yes” (default is “no”).

This change is important because recent versions of both Safari and Firefox for the Mac are unable to display PDF files when set to display in a subframe within the browser window.

The problem does not affect blackboard items where the PDF file appears as an ordinary attachment

http://libweb.uoregon.edu/tools/blogs/cet/?m=201107

blackboard mac safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.