Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows 7 can't Connect to Time Capsule HD

I have recently purchased a 2TB Time Capsule. I've successfully connected it to my Mac Pro and my Windows Vista PC (no issues). I've also added a new Windows 7 PC to the network. The Windows 7 PC connects wirelessly through the TC with no problem will not see the TC HD. I've installed the Airport Utility on the Windows 7 PC and all seems to work fine. I've tried turning off the Firewall Windows 7 PC; no help .

I can't access the TC HD from the Windows 7 PC?

Anyone have any ideas?

Time Capsule-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Aug 21, 2011 5:33 AM

5 replies

Aug 21, 2011 2:31 PM in response to albertfromcincinnati

There are a number of posts related to accessing and/ copying issues between Windows Vista / 7 and AirPort Disks. Two potential solutions being forwarded are: 1) Changing the LAN Manager authentication level, and/or 2) Disabling the Windows Search feature.

To change the LAN Manager authentication level:
  • From the Windows Vista / 7 desktop, click Start
  • Search for: security
  • Click 'Local Security Policy'
  • Goto Local Policies > Security Options
  • Under Policy, double-click 'Network security: LAN Manager authentication level'
  • Change level to: Send LM & NTLM responses
  • Under Policy, double-click 'Network security: Minimum session security for NTLM SSP based (including RPC) clients'
  • De-select 'Require 128-bit encryption'
  • Click OK

To disable Windows Search:
  • Start > Control Panel > Programs > Programs & Features
  • On the right-hand side, click "Turn Windows features on/off"
  • Scroll down, and de-select "Windows Search".
  • Press OK, close all windows and restart.

A third "solution," that has worked for me, is verify that both the AirPort base station and the Win7 PC are using the exact same Workgroup Name. In my case, I use "WORKGROUP" (without the quote marks) for this name.

From the AirPort Utility, you would enter this value on the Disks > File Sharing tab.

On Win7, Start > Control Panel > System and Security > System > Change Settings > Change > Workgroup

Nov 15, 2015 7:18 PM in response to albertfromcincinnati

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and had no problem connecting to the shared disk on the Time Capsule. However other things leads to a call for total wipeout and re-installation of Windows 10. All was working fine (including the TC 2T). However something went wrong few days ago and all of as sudden I couldn't access to the shared disk on the TC 2T device anymore (and yes, I could still print via Bonjour, and still be able to get on the internet via the TC 2T, just couldn't access the shared folder). After trying numerous methods (restarting the TC & computer, try to re-map the network drive in Windows 10, login using a different credential, etc.) it just didn't work. Then I decided to download the Apple Airport Utility (5.6.1) and install it to see if it makes a difference. And...It did! Praise God! Once I finished installing the software it immediately found the TC and asked me for the password (I had it set on connecting with Password to the Device), once I put it in, a few seconds later the mapped drive showed up again!

Windows 7 can't Connect to Time Capsule HD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.