Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove PowerPC and old version apps?

I migrated my hard drive from my old Imac to my new powerbook pro. Now I want to remove the Power PC applications and older versions of other applications. What is the best way to do this? I can group the PowerPC files in my About the Mac System report, but I can't remove them from there.

Thanks.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Aug 21, 2011 6:19 AM

9 replies

Sep 30, 2011 6:09 AM in response to TimBworth

For some reason this was hard to find....

Step 1) go to Applications/Utilities/System Information/Applications > sort by "Kind" and locate the Apps using PowerPC

Step 2) Click on the App and look at the bottom window where the details are, there should be a "Location:" > copy the location link

Step 3) go to Finder > CMD + SHIFT + G > paste the location link

Step 4) find the culprit Apps and drag to the Trash

Oct 1, 2011 1:12 AM in response to TimBworth

You can also delete ARM, PPC and even 32 Bit / 64 Bit Intel code from Application Packages listed as "Intel" or "Intel 64 Bit" (I would leave 32 and 64 Bit Intel however, some Apps will Require 32 Bit code to support certain AddOns, mostly older yet functional ones).

You can also remove Languages and Keyboard Layouts but if you are not certain that you´ll never need them again i would leave them (at least leave the unselected languages in the list).

Read the ReadMe file before use.

http://monolingual.sourceforge.net/

Oct 1, 2011 10:29 AM in response to Christo

CleanMyMac, AppDelete, AppZapper, and other generic software removal utilities are just guessing how and where to find the pieces that were installed with your applications. You can guess and search just as well as they can, and often better. But the best way to remove any app that has its own installer is to run that installer and search among the options it offers for an Uninstall option. If there is one, use it. If there isn't, visit the developer's web site and see whether a standalone uninstaller is available. The developer's own installer or uninstaller knows exactly what was installed and where; it doesn't need to guess or search. So it will always do at least as good a job as CleanMyMac or the other guesswork app removers — it will catch the bits they'd miss. Don't waste any money or time on CleanMyMac.

How do I remove PowerPC and old version apps?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.