Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Red Circle next to folders imported via Time Capsule & Migration assistant

My G-5 completely died, but I have everything backed up via Time Capsule. I used migration assistant to move these to my IMac but all the folders with pictures and movies have a red circle and I can't click them open. Somehow I was able to drag the picture file over and instead of 25,000 pictures it brought over 165,000 pictures because of the "faces" photos that the computer made. What is the way to bring these files in the way I had them on my old G-5 without all this manual intervention? I have a lot of movies next and waiting until I see the answer.

I suspect that my user name on the old G5 is different than what I set up on this one, so any thoughts?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Aug 21, 2011 9:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2011 5:30 PM

OK - I figured it out! When I bought this computer at the store they signed me up with a user name (aka, my name) however my previous computer was signed in just my first name. When using migration assistant and time capsule a whole seperate profile was created and all my stuff was there. So... after thinking about this for a while I thought to Log - out and there was my other profile and I logged in there, and everythign is now great and taken care of!

Now I just have to figure out how to get rid of some of the duplicates I created in the newer profile....

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 21, 2011 5:30 PM in response to alanfromthemoon

OK - I figured it out! When I bought this computer at the store they signed me up with a user name (aka, my name) however my previous computer was signed in just my first name. When using migration assistant and time capsule a whole seperate profile was created and all my stuff was there. So... after thinking about this for a while I thought to Log - out and there was my other profile and I logged in there, and everythign is now great and taken care of!

Now I just have to figure out how to get rid of some of the duplicates I created in the newer profile....

Red Circle next to folders imported via Time Capsule & Migration assistant

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.