Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I automatically forward from Apple Mail to Gmail?

Why can I no longer automatically forward mail from Mac Mail to Gmail account automatically. This worked fine till a few days ago but no longer. I hadn't changed any settings. have asked about this in Gmail forum but no useful answers, I have now changed various setting but makes no difference. Most of the Gmail help is oriented to Mail 4.0, I have 3.6, so that doesn't help (can I upgrade, I have OS10.5.8), I uploaded MailUpdate but it would it wouldn't let me install).

Maybe there is a way via Mail Forward but that seems for forwarding _from_ webmail _to_ Apple Mail.

All help gratefully received.

Thank you,

Michael

Model Name: iMac

Model Identifier: PowerMac6,3

Processor Name: PowerPC G4 (3.3)

Processor Speed: 1 GHz

Number Of CPUs: 1

L2 Cache (per CPU): 256 KB

Memory: 1.5 GB

Bus Speed: 167 MHz

Boot ROM Version: 4.7.8f1

iMac, 1 GHz PowerPC G4, 1.5 GB DDR SDRAM, Mac OS X (10.5.8), iMac Model Identifier: PowerMac6,3 Processor Name: PowerPC G4

Posted on Aug 21, 2011 1:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2011 1:41 PM

Hello, it's nit quite clear if it's Webmail you're talking about or Mail App on your Mac, but if Mail App then I would think a Rule like this should do it...

User uploaded file

16 replies

Aug 21, 2011 3:25 PM in response to BDAqua

That's quite helpful and simple, thanks, but two problems:

1 All emails are being forwarded back into my Apple Mail so I get repeats of everything.

2 In Gmail everything now says the email is from myself rather than the original sender.

The first prob at least may be because of the way I have set things up in either Gmail settings or Mail Prefs, I have fiddled around with both since the problem arose, this is the first time things are at least a bit better but I getting repeats of all emails is really not very good... If you have any ideas please let me know.

Thanks

Michael

Aug 22, 2011 8:36 AM in response to BDAqua

I suppose Gmail is forwarding to Apple Mail but not v versa, hardly anything at all is landing in Gmail.

My Apple Mail is a POP account, but IMAP -enabled in Gmail if that makes sense, Gmail help says that's what you should do to forward from POP to Gmail.

I want to forward them to Gmail so I can read my POP mail on my PC at work, as I said this worked beautiflly since I started in Feb till last week, then stopped for no apparent reason... As alternative I use mail2web which is just about okay but very slow, no outbox, no spam or other filtering, keeps timing out.

Yes something is doubling up but not sure what...

In my Apple Mail I have two accounts, both POP, one my regular apple mail account, the other my Gmail account, but settings are different according to Gmail help but not sure if they are right any more..

thanks again

Aug 22, 2011 9:19 AM in response to ibisbill

UPDATER

I turned off forwarding in Mail Rules, so no longer getting vast amount of duplication in Apple Mail which is a relief.

Have turned back on Forward Mail, which I downloaded yesterday and it is forwarding stuff to Gmail, but as mentioned previously it gives the sender as myself rather than the person who originally sent the email, which not ideal.

Aug 22, 2011 4:15 PM in response to BDAqua

I'm pretty sure it's a POP account (incoming Mail server is pop3, which sounds like a POP account to me but I know very little about such things).

Gmail has IMAP enabled in Gmail Forwarding and POP/IMAP settings, which Help said you should do for forwarding to Gmail to work.

And Forward Mail has stopped forwarding to Gmail for some reason, it did so for a few minutes and that was it.

I am very confused!

Michael

Dec 18, 2011 8:29 PM in response to ibisbill

i had my .me, .mac mail prefs set to forward to my gmail acct then delete

it was working just fine for years, now last 2 days not getting my emails

when addressed to my .mac address

i went to mail in icloud and reviewed my forwarding settings and is correct

is forwarding down in mac mail???

my wife sent me a test email from her gmail account to both .me and .mac

nothing was forwarded to my gmail account

is it mail or gmail thats the problem

the last correct forwarding was 2 days ago from redbox

what's going on

Why can't I automatically forward from Apple Mail to Gmail?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.