Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

epub image problem

Hi,

I am trying to create an ibook in Pages. My document has quite a few images which show up in the pages document and also when I export to PDF, However when I export to Epub some of my images disappear. I have checked that they are all inline and I don't have any columns or tables. However I am getting an error from pages when I export to Epub saying that columns and tables are not supported and my epub file may not diisplay correctly.

Although when I run it though another epub check online I get no errors.

Anyone else had the same problem? Please let me know if you found a solution as it's really messing with me. I just wanna get my book published already.

Thanks!

pages-OTHER, iOS 4.3.3

Posted on Aug 21, 2011 7:13 PM

10 replies

Jul 18, 2013 12:03 AM in response to Mario Pusic

You Pages document is 60 Mb. All images are in the same section (Chapter), page 19 to 263. You can see it in the thumbnails.

I can see that you a quite a few page breaks. You can change those to section breaks in the Find and Replace feature > advanced. Click on the Insert button where you can select the breaks. I got 16 replaced breaks. It might be what you need to get the images to stay.

User uploaded file

You might also have a look at your images and see if there are any large ones in Mb which needs to be resized before added to the Pages document. As you images are for showing on a computer you don't need to have them in high resolution. You can downsize them to somethin like 150 dpi and they will look fine on the screen. For printing 200-300 dpi is better. You do this in an application like Photoshop or equivalent.

epub image problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.