Skip navigation

Connectivity Problems with Cisco WRT610n

710 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Aug 22, 2011 1:30 AM by 4940863492 RSS
4940863492 Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Aug 22, 2011 1:30 AM

I've recently started to get problems with the wireless connection to my WRT610n wireless router.  The mac drops the internet connection periodically - 3 or 4 times a day.  I've run both iStumbler and WIFi analyser and it doesn't seem to be the wireless connection that's dropping - just the ISP.  When I try to connect to a website I just get "contacting....." in the safari status bar.  The only way to re-connect is to switch airport to the other WiFi band.

It happens on both 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands.  There are other low-band users on the same channel so I've hard coded to a channel that isn't being used.  I've deleted all the local wireless services that I don't use from the networks list.  I've blown the latest firmware into the router  - none of thiese has made a difference.  When it occurs, running the macbook network analyitics shows wireless green and ISP red - but I can still connect using iPhone and windows PC - so the ISP hasn't dropped.

Interestingly, while trying to fix this problem I discovered another.  I cannot connect wirelessly to the router's set-up page - I have to ethernet into it. This is only a problem for the Macbook;  iPhone and PC can both see the router's set-up page via wireless whereas the macbook just says "contacting.....".  I don't know if these two problems are related, but I know that in the past I *have* been able to connect macbook wirelessly.

I've got a macbook pro 13 inch - I bought it in about May this year.

2.7 GHz processor - Core i7

8GB memory

1333 MHz DDR3

OS 10.6.8

All software up to date - including router's firmware.

S/N 25 to 35 dB

Thanks in advance for any help.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.