Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

junk mailbox

I discovered that I have a junk mailbox that I did not create, and some unread mail shows up there. I have many mailboxes and this one ended up toward the bottom. I forget to look there, since I am not used to having it. If it has to remain, can I move it toward the top, and if so, how? I am relatively new to SL, coming from Tiger.

If I remove this junk box, what would happen to the mail that is going to it?

iMac G5 , 2.1GHz; intel core iMac i5, 2.8 Ghz, Mac OS X (10.6.8), ISP is Earthlink

Posted on Aug 22, 2011 10:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2011 2:18 PM

If you go into your mail preferences, on the junk tab, is "enable junk mail filtering" on, and if so, is the "move it to the junk mailbox" marked? You could choose to just identify it by choosing "mark as junk but leave it in my inbox".

If you want to change the junk mailbox location in the mailbox list, just click on it to drag and drop it where you want it. Careful where you place it, as you can move it into another folder, too. Move it up so there is a line between two other folders and drop it there, and you should be all set.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 22, 2011 2:18 PM in response to Tom Cray

If you go into your mail preferences, on the junk tab, is "enable junk mail filtering" on, and if so, is the "move it to the junk mailbox" marked? You could choose to just identify it by choosing "mark as junk but leave it in my inbox".

If you want to change the junk mailbox location in the mailbox list, just click on it to drag and drop it where you want it. Careful where you place it, as you can move it into another folder, too. Move it up so there is a line between two other folders and drop it there, and you should be all set.

junk mailbox

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.