Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Library folder outside FileVault sparse bundle

Hi,

Running 10.6.8 on MacBook Pro from work. Both admin account and user account are encrypted with Filevault

While perusing the filesystem as root user I noticed that my regular account -out of which I was logged out- had both the regular.sparebundle and a Library folder which contained some random preferences under /Users/regular.

I deleted the preferences folder, logged back in to the regular account and all was well. Then some time later I noticed that my Library folder had lost its typical icon. Logged out as user, logged in as admin and noticed Library folder again sitting next to the sparse bundle. After deletion and logging in, the Library folder had its icon again.

Has anyone encountered this behaviour before and was there a fix for it? My company lets us use local account but all computers are talking to an OpenDirectory network server.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Aug 22, 2011 10:53 AM

There are no replies.

Library folder outside FileVault sparse bundle

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.