Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does Lion support entourage 2008?

Just bought a new iMac with Lion installed. Can I run Entourage 2008 on it?

Thanks.

Posted on Aug 22, 2011 2:57 PM

8 replies

Aug 22, 2011 3:15 PM in response to rkaufmann87

Hi Mr Kaufmann

There seems to be some confusion on this one, this blog:

http://www.officeformachelp.com/2011/07/microsoft-announces-lion-compatibility-f or-office-for-mac/

has as many posters whose installation succeeded as those who failed, MS state that some 2008 addons (Query for one) don't work because they are PPC apps, no mention of installer issues, I no longer have a copy of 2008 so can't try, has anyone actually tried to install 2008 or are we all just repeating the 'conventional wisdom' du jour?

Aug 22, 2011 3:27 PM in response to Csound1

Really you liked 2008 better than 2011; personally I think 2011 is a much much better product. To each his own, I tend to use Word over Pages use both Numbers and Excel. At the moment I have no need for PP or Outlook so those just take up a little disk space. I use Address Book, iCal and Mail I just like those more than Outlook. When I sold my MBP I included my license of 2008 with it so my media is gone too.

Yes perhaps someone with 2008 will pipe up and let us know their experience.

Aug 22, 2011 3:32 PM in response to rkaufmann87

Actually I only preferred Entourage to Outlook (and yes, Entourage is horrid) 2011 is far better with respect to the rest of the suite.

For me Outlook is awful, poor iMap support, non-existent webDav/calDav/cardDav support and no Exchange 2003 support, I know that Entourage lacked all the 'Dav's' as well but it became outdated rather than starting out that way 🙂

I like Mail etc now 🙂

Does Lion support entourage 2008?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.