Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to reset Profile manager to the default settings (i.e.) like it was never set up without reinstalling?

I recently set up profile manager wrong and need to reconfigure it. Any Ideas?

Lion server-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Aug 22, 2011 4:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2011 11:31 AM

Try:

cd /usr/share/devicemgr/backend

sudo serveradmin stop devicemgr

sudo serveradmin start postgres

sudo rake db:drop RAILS_ENV="production"; sudo rake db:create RAILS_ENV="production"; sudo rake db:migrate RAILS_ENV="production";

sudo serveradmin start devicemgr

8 replies

May 12, 2012 1:39 PM in response to CaptMrgnX

Brilliant! Thank you. To get this working in my case, I need to make a few tweaks to the commands:

sudo su - #Since I have a different ruby install avaliable to my local user and that breaks things.

serveradmin stop devicemgr

serveradmin start postgres

RAILS_ENV="production" rake db:drop

RAILS_ENV="production" rake db:create

RAILS_ENV="production" rake db:migrate

serveradmin start devicemgr

May 15, 2012 1:58 PM in response to spkane00

YEP..this got the CONFIGURE button back!!!

IN TERMINAL ------------------------------------------

sudo serveradmin stop devicemgr

sudo serveradmin start postgres

sudo rake db:drop RAILS_ENV="production"; sudo rake db:create RAILS_ENV="production"; sudo rake db:migrate RAILS_ENV="production";

sudo serveradmin start devicemgr

Is there a way to reset Profile manager to the default settings (i.e.) like it was never set up without reinstalling?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.