Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Date and Time - times displayed are incorrect

Hello All

I have noticed some mention in the the past regarding imovie - date and time is off. Computer shows correct time, the camcorder shows the correct time, however, when video is imported, the time is off. Usually an hour off. I have used many camcorders - HD AVCHD and the problem is consistent across all of them. The only variance is the time shift changes by Camcorder Manufacture.

Canon - tends to be off 4 hours

Panasonic - tends to be off 1 hour

Sony - tends to be off an hour.

Tried adjusting Mac time / preferences, turned of daylight saving, time zone is correct, manual setting, however these changes from the normal setting made no difference. This is a real pain. Has any body figured a way to correct this problem? Also Apple - are you paying attention to this issue? I welcome any inquiries from apple to discuss this matter further.

Any suggestions from anyone?

Please note: I am aware on the Adjust time.... feature.

iMovie '11, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Aug 22, 2011 7:07 PM

7 replies

Aug 23, 2011 1:03 PM in response to macaddictcanada

Unfortunately no suggestions as to what to do. But the only people here are fellow iMovie users and not Apple employees at all. Long time contributors to the iMovie Discussion Board have said in the past Apple doesn't really monitor these discussion boards. They prefer direct, specific, documented communications through their feedback web forms. And the one you want is for iMovie:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/imovie.html

This will guarantee an Apple employee sees your complaint.

macaddictcanada wrote:

Hello All

. . . Also Apple - are you paying attention to this issue? I welcome any inquiries from apple to discuss this matter further.

Any suggestions from anyone?

Please note: I am aware on the Adjust time.... feature.

Date and Time - times displayed are incorrect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.