Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't select higher resolution for monitor

I'm using a MacBook Pro and running Lion OSX 10.7 - Software is all up to date.

I recently bought a Samsung SyncMaster Monitor (S27A350) 27" with a max resolution of 1920 x 1080, however in my MacBook settings the highest resolution i can select for the display is 1440 x by 800 or something like that. Im using the VGA cable and Mini DV port adapter.

When i click ' detect displays' nothing happens. The disc that came with the monitor is for windows, the only divers i can find on the Samsung site are for windows too.

I've contacted Samsung but have not yet recieved a response.

Am I doing something wrong? I need to be able to use this higher resolution.

Thanks!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Aug 22, 2011 9:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2011 9:06 PM

Hi. It sounds like you are operating in "Mirror Display" mode. If so, this is expected behaviour.

Stedman

4 replies

Aug 23, 2011 2:28 AM in response to stedman1

Hi Guys - Thanks to all for your help!

So, I came home today ready to try some of your suggestions, started up the MBP and go into the settings. Now all of a sudden i have 2 settings dialogue boxes for display, one for the MBP and one for the Samsung which now lists all the possible resolutions! Strange.. Anyway, I'm happy it now works! Turning off mirror also helped.

Thanks again

Can't select higher resolution for monitor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.