Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery Life Improvements

Hi fans,

So after my last week of furious posting about how to kick start the OS X Lion install, with my old user data...

I finally got around to watching this log, in terminal do this:

tail -F /var/log/system.log

In that log file I was seeing lots of errors. Adobe/HP amongst others.

So, after resolving these errors, like respawning processes every 10seconds, the battery life has made a remarkable comeback.

And I think, but am not convinced, but it would make sense, that the machine is a little cooler now...

SO, the moral of the story is, try a clean install and migrate manually to avoid the last 5 or so years of crappy software from messing up your King of the Jungle...

Good luck on your optimisations.

ps. I also used some optimization software to remove window animations, and anything else I could find that would run unnecessary processes, hence saving on power consumption and heat generation.

MacBook Air 13, Mac OS X (10.7), i7

Posted on Aug 23, 2011 1:18 AM

5 replies

Sep 9, 2011 2:12 PM in response to Matt Hardy

I appreciate your post, but although I'm pretty good at tech things, I am stumped by what this all means. So, I join with Msprygada and Bpilot in asking for a step-by-step instructions of how to carry out the solution, which I take is to do a clean install and only move to the MBA what needs to be moved. Any help you could give to we who feel like complete newbies with this would be great.

Thank you very much.

PS I ran the terminal command and it doesn't look as though I'm getting many errors.

Battery Life Improvements

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.